Junior Progress Manager
About the role: As a Junior Progress Manager you will support Serendipity in our moonshot to help cities, campuses, and ecosystems in their digital transformation process to become resilient and sustainable. This position serves as an important sustainability ambassador of the company, actively engaged both in internal and external networks.
About you: You are a young and ambitious professional who is eager to develop to become next next-generation Progress Manager or become a start-up founder. You are a reliable, well-organized person who can orchestrate all stakeholders while steering a project's progress and implementation with a focus on planning, budget, resource control and risk management. You can understand and define customer requirements, set expectations, and give insight into the solutions to be provided.
About us: You will be supported by the network of minds and makers of Serendipity and its Digital Toolbox and work in close liaison with project coordination and management team as well as other stakeholders including governments, technical partners and technological suppliers.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Plan the projects for their implementation, translate goals & objectives into smaller feasible milestones/work packages, and create a roadmap based on quarterly planning.
- Translate the quarterly planning in an agile work method with a multidisciplinary team.
- Build bridges across disciplines, business units & departments. Support alignment on the implementation plan within the stakeholder management.
- Set follow-up process, meetings, and structure. Proactively monitor project progress in weekly team meetings, and adapt work where required. Ensure project deliverables meet deadlines.
- Manage relationships between customers, different project leaders & stakeholders.
- Contribute to company's policies, goals, and targets and ensure their compliance.
- Manage project planning, proactive budget & resource control, and risk management.
- Proactively resolve issues by determining deviations from project milestones and implementing solutions, tapping on the collective skills of the team if required.
- Provide active support in contract management and onboarding process.
- Involve all relevant stakeholders so that all cross-functional resources are engaged and ensure the outcome completion.
- Help the customer and the team to be successful (e.g. structure and follow up on data requests, escalate hurdles).
- Anticipate new business opportunities and proactively engage in business development process.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Engineering or a related field.
- Proven project management skills in the field of technology & innovation (experience steering multiple projects involving major changes to business, and preparation of staff and/or stakeholders for the changes).
- Sufficient technical knowledge and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Proven ability to absorb and handle complex information in a very structured way, then to independently make business plans and drive across functional teams via influence.
- Proven presentation skills to deliver technical training to stakeholders.
- Process-oriented and committed to superior quality in their work.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (influencing and storytelling), and critical thinking skills.
- Be a real team player and a collaborator who builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation. among all disciplines, business units, and management levels, in an international setting.
- Self-steering. You flourish when experiencing freedom in your work and feel confident to move in the right direction based on our sustainability vision & strategy.
- Capable of managing a multi-disciplinary team with different cultures (countries and organizations).
- Preferably experience in working with governmental organizations.
- Excellent command of English and Dutch language, verbal and in writing.
You get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Serendipity. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your personal development. Besides your primary salary, you will receive the following secondary conditions:
- 25 days of vacations
- Flexible working hours
- Training and coaching to support personal development
- Laptop and travel expenses
If you want to take on this demanding challenge in a dynamic environment, apply now by sending your resumé and cover letter to Jonas Onland, Managing Partner of Serendipity: firstname.lastname@example.org