Purpose of the role
As Progress Manager you will be in the lead to support a city, campus or ecosystem in their digital transformation process. You take the lead in the steering & the implementation of the progress management. You are supported by the network of minds and makers of Serendipity and the Digital Toolbox as plug & play solution for cities to implement the physical and digital infrastructure of the city/ecosystem.
You are a reliable and well organized Program Manager who orchestrates all stakeholders while steering on progress. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, are tech-savvy and aware of new developments. You identify new business opportunities and you do this through consultative selling to the various customers across the country, with a minimum impact on operations.
As Progress Manager you will work in close liaison with project coordination and management team as well as all stakeholders including governments, the technical partners (suppliers) etc. to understand and define customer requirements, set expectations, and give insight into the solutions to be provided.
This position serves as an important sustainability ambassador of the company, actively engaged both in internal and external networks.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Translate ambitious long-term goals & objectives into smaller feasible work packages. Create actionable implementation plan and timeline based on quarterly planning.
- Translate the quarterly planning in an agile work method with a multidisciplinary team.
- Building bridges across disciplines, Business Units & Departments. Support alignement on implementation plan within the stakeholder management
- Set follow up process, meetings and structure.
- Create transparency regarding the implementation to the Technology and Products P&L.
- Assist in the definition of project scope, schedule and profitability targets.
- Secure the progress in a weekly stand-up.
- Proactively solve problems and implement solutions, tapping on the collective skills of the team as required.
- Determine deviations from project scope.
- Involve all relevant stakeholders so that all cross-functional resources for tasks are engaged and ensure the outcome completion.
- Support overall sustainability strategy development, governance and long-term roadmap development by setting up & managing several related sustainability projects to achieve ambitions & goals of the customers.
- Help the customer and the team to be successful (e.g structure and follow up on data requests, escalate hurdles)
- Perform analyses and create structure to build a proper qualitative business case to proof the impact.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Engineering or related field.
- Proven program & project management skills in the field of technology & innovation (extensive experience steering multiple projects involving major changes to business, and preparation of staff and/or stakeholders for the changes).
- Sufficient technical knowledge and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Proven ability to absorb and handle complex information in a very structured way, then to independently make business plans and drive across functional teams via influence.
- Proven presentation skills to deliver technical training to stakeholders
- Process oriented and committed to superior quality in their work
- Strong interpersonal, communication (influencing and storytelling) and critical thinking skills.
- A real team player and a collaborator who builds mutual trust, respect and cooperation among all disciplines, business units and management levels, in an international setting.
- Self-steering. You will flourish when experiencing freedom in your work and feel confident to move into the right direction based on our sustainability vision & strategy.
- Excellent command of English language, verbal and in writing.
- You are able to manage multi disciplinary team with different cultures (countries and organizations).
- Preferably experience in working with governmental organizations.
You get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Serendipity. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your own personal development. Besides primary salary, we offer you following secondary conditions:
- 25 days of vacations
- Flexible working hours
- Training and coaching to support personal development
- Laptop and travel expenses
If you want to take on this demanding challenge in a dynamic environment, apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to Jonas Onland, Managing Partner of Serendipity: firstname.lastname@example.org.